عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aim: Emotional intelligence includes abilities such as maintaining motivation and perseverance in the face of adversity. More than 50 percent of success is dependent on emotional intelligence. Due to its importance in the academic success of our students, it became the influencing factors of emotional intelligence in undergraduate new entrants Rehabilitation martyr Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences 2010-2011 years to review.
Materials and Methods: In this study, bar-on emotional Quotient and a demographic questionnaire were used. Sampling was available sample of bachelor of science newcomer students in rehabilitation faculty of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences in 2010-2011were selected as sample. For statistical analysis, t-test for quantitative variables (T-test) and Chi square test for qualitative variables and non-parametric methods were used to examine relationships between variables. And spss16 software was used for statistical analysis.
Results: In this study, 99 students attended newcomer Rehabilitation In 1390-1389, 34 were male and 65 were female. Of the participants, 27 (27.3%) of their field of Occupational Therapy, 25 (25.3%) field of physical therapy, 22 patients (22.2%) Optometry degree and 25 (25.3%) were in the field audiology.
Conclusion: Emotional intelligence and gender (female), maternal education level and family income has a direct relationship.
10. Parker JD, Summerfeldt LJ, Hogan MJ, Majeski SA. Emotional intelligence and academic success: Examining the transition from high school to university. Personality and individual differences. 2004;36(1):163-72.##
11. Dawda D, Hart SD. Assessing emotional intelligence: Reliability and validity of the Bar-On Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i) in university students. Personality and Individual Differences. 2000;28(4):797-812.##
12. Sjöberg L. Emotional intelligence and life adjustment. Emotional Intelligence: Perspectives on Educational & Positive Psychology. 2008:169-83.##
13. Caruso DR, Mayer JD, Salovey P. Relation of an ability measure of emotional intelligence to personality. Journal of Personality Assessment. 2002;79(2):306-20.##
14. Kamyar k, Yazdi S. Investigate the relationship between emotional intelligence and the tenacity with which to compare male and female students of Tehran University staff. Educational Thought Nvynn. 1386[In Persian] ##
15. Goleman D. Emotional intelligence. 10th Anniversary Edition. New York: Bantam Dell A Division of Random House; 2006; pp 18-21##