نوع مقاله : مقاله پژوهشی
1 گروه آموزشی کاردرمانی، دانشکده توانبخشی، دانشگاه علوم پزشکی تهران، تهران، ایران
2 استادیار گروه آموزشی کاردرمانی، دانشکده توانبخشی، دانشگاه علوم پزشکی تهران، تهران، ایران
3 کارشناسی ارشد کاردرمانی، دانشکده توانبخشی، دانشگاه علوم پزشکی تهران، تهران، ایران
4 استادیار گروه آموزشی آمار زیستی، دانشکده پیراپزشکی، دانشگاه علوم پزشکی شهید بهشتی، تهران، ایران
عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aim: Improving the quality of life in children and adolescents with disabilities is the primary goal of children's rehabilitation services and researchers. Reducing and identifying environmental barriers for children with disabilities are essential to create an inclusive society. The purpose of the present study was to determine the relationship between environmental barriers and quality of life of children with cerebral palsy.
Materials and Methods: In the current descriptive/analytical cross-sectional study, 67 children with cerebral palsy were selected via the convenience sampling. Data were collected using demographic questionnaire, European Child Environment Questionnaire (ECEQ), and CP-QOL questionnaire (Primary Caregiver). The data were analyzed using SPSS software running Pearson correlation.
Results: The findings showed that there is a significant negative relationship between quality of life and environmental barriers (r = -0.36, p <0.05). Also, a significant negative correlation was found between the quality of life of children with cerebral palsy and physical environment of home, the physical environment of the community, transportation, and social support (p <0.05). However, there was no relationship between the quality of life and the components of the physical environment of the school, social support at home, attitude of family and friends, attitude of teachers and therapists, and attitude of classmates (p <0.05).
Conclusion: The results of the present study showed that there is a significant relationship between quality of life and environmental barriers so that as environmental barriers around children with cerebral palsy decrease, the quality of life increases and vice versa.
10. Guite H, Clark C, Ackrill G. The impactof the physical and urban environment on mental well-being. Public health. 2006;120(12):1117-26. .##
11. Scaffa ME, Reitz SM, Pizzi M. Occupational therapy in the promotion of health and wellness: FA Davis Company Philadelphia, PA; 2010. .##
12. Oskoui M, Coutinho F, Dykeman J, Jetté N, Pringsheim T. An update on the prevalence of cerebral palsy: a systematic review and meta‐analysis. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 2013;55(6):509-19. .##
13. Sajedi F SF, Ahmadi M. Cerebral Palsy in Children Journal Of Health and Care [ In Persian ]. 2014;15(4):88-97. .##
14. Piazza B, Hennrikus W, Schell R, Armstrong D, Fortuna K. The Factors Most Important for Quality of Life in Children and Adolescents with Cerebral Palsy. Journal of Pediatric Neurology and Medicine. 2016;2016. .##
15. Badia M, Orgaz MB, Gómez-Vela M, Verdugo MA, Ullán AM, Longo E. Do environmental barriers affect the parent-reported quality of life of children and adolescents with cerebral palsy? Research in developmental disabilities. 2016;49:312-21. .##
16. Colver A, Thyen U, Arnaud C, Beckung E, Fauconnier J, Marcelli M, et al. Association between participation in life situations of children with cerebral palsy and their physical, social, and attitudinal environment: a cross-sectional multicenter European study. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation. 2012;93(12):2154-64. .##
17. Dehghan L, Abdolvahab M, Bagheri H, Dalvand H. Inter rater reliability of Persian version of Gross Motor Function Classification System Expanded and Revised in patients with cerebral palsy. Daneshvar. 2011;18(91):37-44. .##
18. Colver A. Study protocol: SPARCLE–a multi-centre European study of the relationship of environment to participation and quality of life in children with cerebral palsy. BMC Public Health. 2006;6(1):105. .##
19. AkbarFahimi N, Rassafiani M, Soleymani F, Vameghi R, Kazem-Nejad A, Nobakht Z. Validity and reliability of Farsi version of cerebral palsy-quality of life questionnaire. Journal of Rehabilitation. 2013;13:73-83. .##
20. Dickinson HO, Colver A. Quantifying the physical, social and attitudinal environment of children with cerebral palsy. Disability and Rehabilitation. 2011;33(1):36-50. .##
21. Livingston MH, Rosenbaum PL, Russell DJ, Palisano RJ. Quality of life among adolescents with cerebral palsy: what does the literature tell us? Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 2007;49(3):225-31.v
22. Houlihan CM, O'Donnell M, Conaway M, Stevenson RD. Bodily pain and health-related quality of life in children with cerebral palsy. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 2004;46(05):305-10. .##
23. Vargus-Adams J. Health-related quality of life in childhood cerebral palsy. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation. 2005;86(5):940-5. .##
24. Shelly A, Davis E, Waters E, Mackinnon A, Reddihough D, Boyd R, et al. The relationship between quality of life and functioning for children with cerebral palsy. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 2008;50(3):199-203.v
25. Gharaborghe SN, Sarhady M, Hosseini SMS, Mortazavi SS. Quality of Life and Gross Motor Function in Children with Cerebral Palsy (aged 4-12). Iranian Rehabilitation Journal. 2015;13(3). .##
26. Russo RN, Goodwin EJ, Miller MD, Haan EA, Connell TM, Crotty M. Self-esteem, self-concept, and quality of life in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy. The Journal of pediatrics. 2008;153(4):473-7. e2. .##
27. Tessier D, Hefner J, Newmeyer A. Factors related to psychosocial quality of life for children with cerebral palsy. International journal of pediatrics. 2014;2014. .##
28. Salehi Dehno N, Noorizadeh Dehkordi S, Dadgoo M, Salehi M, , et al. Relationship between quality of life with ambulation status and lower limb range of motion in young adults with spastic cerebral palsy. Journal of Research in Rehabilitation Sciences. 2012:807-17. .##
29. Noori M, Pishyareh E, Hosseini SA, Akbarfahimi N, Rahgozar M. Relationship between upper extremity function and quality of life in the children with spastic cerebral palsy in Tehran 2013. Pajouhan Scientific Journal. 2015;13(3):40-8. .##
30. Nobakht Z, Rassafiani M, Rezasoltani P, Sahaf R, Yazdani F. Environmental barriers to social participation of children with cerebral palsy in Tehran. Iranian Rehabilitation Journal. 2013;11:40-5. .##
31. Forsyth R, Colver A, Alvanides S, Woolley M, Lowe M. Participation of young severely disabled children is influenced by their intrinsic impairments and environment. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 2007;49(5):345-9. .##