نوع مقاله : مقاله پژوهشی
1 کارشناس ارشد رفتار حرکتی، گرایش یادگیری و کنترل حرکتی دانشگاه الزهرا (س)، تهران، ایران
2 دانشیار گروه رفتار حرکتی، دانشگاه الزهرا (س)، تهران، ایران
عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aim: Reaching is one of the common daily life tasks. Most of daily life activities, such as reaching, are performed simultaneously by cognitive tasks, and thus result in decline in performance of the main tasks. The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of constant (simple reaction time) and random variable (choice reaction time) trainings on anticipatory postural adjustment under dual task conditions.
Materials and Methods: A total of 16 right handed young girls with an average age of (27.18± 3.18) participated in the current pre-test, post-test randomized group design research. To evaluate magnitude of anticipatory postural adjustment, center of pressure displacement and center of pressure mean velocity were measured using force plate before reaching movement initiation under dual task conditions. Data was analyzed using Matlab and SPSSS softwares.
Results: The results of independent t-test of pre-test and post-test scores showed that, in constant training, mean velocity of center of pressure was greater than that of random variable training. Also, 2×2 combine variance analysis in the center of pressure displacement did not show significant differences between the two groups
Conclusion: According to the results, after constant training, anticipatory postural adjustment is improved under dual task conditions. This type of training leads to improvement of anticipatory postural adjustment after internal perturbation. Findings of the present study support Task-specific practice hypothesis evidence.
10. Wickens CD. Attention and skilled performance. In: Holding DH, editor. Human Skills. NY: John Wiley & Sons. (1989) 71–105.
11. Lundin-Olsson, L., Nyberg, L., and Gustafson, Y. “Stops walking when talking” as a predictor of falls in elderly people. Lancet 349, 617. doi: 10.1016/S0. (1997)140-6736(97)24009-2
12. Woollacott MH, Shumway-Cook A. Attention and the control of posture and gait: a review of an emerging area of research. Gait& Posture, (2002) 16:1-14##
13. Huang HJ, Mercer VS. Dual-task methodology: applications in studies of cognitive and motor performance in adult and children .(Pediatr Phys Ther. )2001).13(3):133-40##
14. Oldfoeld, R.C..The assessment and analysis of handedness: The Edinburgh Inventory, Neuropsychological, (1971)pp. 97–113##
15. Duncan.pw, Weiner.D.K, Chandler.J, Studensk.S. "Functional reach: A new clinical measure of balance" .Journal of Gerontology, (1990)45, pp. M192–197##
16. Kubicki A, Petrement G, Bonnetblanc F, Ballay Y, Mourey F".Practice related improvements in postural control during arm movement in older adults:a preliminary study". Journal of Gerontology. (2012). Feb;67(2):196-203##
17. Latash.M. "Fundamental of motor control". (1th Ed). (2013(Science direct##
18. Saito.H, Yamanaka.M, Kasahara.S, and Fukushima.J "Relationship between improvements in motor performance and changes in anticipatory postural adjustments during whole-body reaching training," Human Movement Science, vol. (2014). 37, pp. 69–86, 2014##
19. Kaminski.TR, Simpkins S."The effect of stance configuration and target distance on reaching movement preparation".Experimental Brain Research, 136(2001), pp 439-446##
20. Schmidt, R. A., & Lee, T. D.. Motor control and learning: A behavioral emphasis (5th ed.). Champaign, IL: (2011)Human Kinetics. ##
21. Goode, S., & Magill, R.A. "Contextual interference effects in learning badminton serves". Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, (1986)57, PP:308-314##
22. Shea.C.H. "Consistent and variable practice conditions: effects on relative and absolute timing". Journal of motor behavior. (2001)33 (2), PP: 139-152##
23. Young Hwang.. "Experiencing greater contexual interfrence during practice impacts movement kinematics of Golf putt". Doctroal dissertation , Texas A & M University. (2004)P:5##
24. Farsi, A, Abdoli, B, Ghasemian, M.[The effect of blocked and random pratice with the focous of the variability in parameter and generalized motor program on acquisition, retention and transfer of table tennis serve]. Journal of motor learning and development. (2013) 5(4).5-23. [In Persian]##
25. Tsao H, Hodges PW. Persistence of improvements in postural strategies following motor control training in people with recurrent low back pain.Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology. (2008).18(4):559-67
26. Hassan barani,F, Abdoli, B, Modabberi, sh.[ the effect of specificity practice contextual interference in learning of throwing skill: Study of effortless processing]. Journal of motor learning and development. (2015)7(1) 41-55. [In Persian]##
27. Travlos, A. "Specificity and variability of practice, and contextual interference in aqusition and transfer of an underhand volleyball serve". Journal of Perceptual and Motor Skills, (2010). 110(1), pp:298-312##
28. Abdoli, B., Shamsipour, D. P., Modaberi, S.H., Shams, A.. "The effect length of practice and using afferent information in physical and imagery practice on learning: Exploring the boundaries of the specificity of practice hypothesis". World journal of sport science, (2012)6(3), pp: 306-313##
29. Schmidt R.A, Wrisberg K. Motor learning and performance: a situation based learning approach (4th ed). Champaign, IL: (2008). Human Kinetics. ##
30. Tsao H, Hodges PW. Immediate changes in feedforward postural adjustments following voluntary motor training. Experimental Brain Research; (2007). 181:537–46##