نوع مقاله : مقاله پژوهشی
1 کارشناسی ارشد، گروه روانشناسی و آموزش کودکان استثنایی، دانشکده روانشناسی و علوم تربیتی، دانشگاه تهران، تهران، ایران
2 دانشیار، گروه روانشناسی و آموزش کودکان استثنایی، دانشکده روانشناسی و علوم تربیتی، دانشگاه تهران، تهران، ایران
3 دانشجوی دکتری، گروه علوم اجتماعی، دانشکده علوم انسانی و تربیتی، دانشگاه آزاد اسلامی واحد تبریز، تبریز، ایران
عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aims: The way parents communicate with children is the strongest factor affecting family interactive patterns. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effect of positive parenting program on family function in parents having children with intellectual disability.
Materials and Methods: In the present quasi-experimental study, 30 parents having children with intellectual disability from Exceptional School (Omid-e Nejat boys school, Besharat mixd school, and Mehvarzan girls school) in Semnan city, Iran, were selected through convenience sampling method. They were randomly assigned to two group of experimental and control group (15 each). The experimental group participated in an eight-session positive parenting program (one meeting per week and each session for one and a half hours). The control group recieved no training. The participants completed Measure of Family functioning (FAD) prior and after the training. Univariate and multivariate analysis of covariance (ANCOVA & MANCOVA) were used to analyze the data.
Results: The results showed that positive parenting education was effective on family function and its components (problem solving, communication, roles, emotional responsiveness, emotional attachment, and general family function). However, in the control behavior control index, the effectiveness of educational intervention was not significant (p>0.05).
Conclusion: The results showed that positive parenting methods training is effective on family function in parents having children with intellectual disability.
10. Aliakbari Dehkordi M, Kakojouibari AA, Mohtashami T, Yekdelehpour N. The effect of positive parenting program on parenting stress of mothers with impaired hearing children. Bimonthly Audiology-Tehran University of Medical Sciences. 2015;23(6):66-75. ##
11. Wakimizu R, Fujioka H, Iejima A, Miyamoto S. Effectiveness of the group-based positive parenting program with Japanese families raising a child with developmental disabilities: A longitudinal study. Journal of Psychological Abnormalities. 2014;1(3):1-9. doi: https://doi.org/10.4172/2329-9525.1000113. ##
12. Shinn MM. Parent–Child Interaction Therapy with a deaf and hard of hearing family. Clinical Case Studies. 2013;12(6):411-27. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177%2F1534650113500065. ##
13. Houlding C, Schmidt F, Stern S, Jamieson J, Borg D. The perceived impact and acceptability of Group Triple P Positive Parenting Program for Aboriginal parents in Canada. Children and Youth Services Review. 2012;34(12):2287-94. ##
14. Turner KM, Sanders MR. Dissemination of evidence-based parenting and family support strategies: Learning from the Triple P—Positive Parenting Program system approach. Aggression and Violent behavior. 2006;11(2):176-93. ##
15. Danforth JS, Harvey E, Ulaszek WR, McKee TE. The outcome of group parent training for families of children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and defiant/aggressive behavior. Journal of behavior therapy and experimental psychiatry. 2006;37(3):188-205. Epub 2005/08/23. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbtep.2005.05.009. PubMed PMID: 16112077. ##
16. Pliszka SR. Effect of anxiety on cognition, behavior, and stimulant response in ADHD. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 1989;28(6):882-7. ##
17. Sadeghi A, Shahidi S, Khooshabi K. The Effectiveness of Parent Management Training on Family Function in Children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Journal of Family Research. 2011;7(26):175-85. ##
18. Alizadeh H. A Parent Training Program for Families with ADHD Children and Its Impact on Reducing Symptoms and Family Function. Psychology of Exceptional Individuals. 2012;2(7):43-70. ##
19. Mohammadkhan-Kermanshahi S, Vanki Z, Ahmadi F, Azad-Fallah P, Kazem-Nezhad A. Mother's Experiences of Having Mental Retarded Child. Archives of Rehabilitation. 2006;7(3):26-33. ##
20. Epstein NB, Bishop DS, Levin S. The McMaster model of family functioning. Journal of Marital and Family therapy. 1978;4(4):19-31. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1752-0606.1978.tb00537.x. ##
21. Ali Zadeh M, Malek Khosravi G. Preliminary Study of Psychometric Features and Validation of Family Functional Measurement Scale (FAD). Research family. 2007;2(5):68-89. ##
22. Sanders MR, Kirby JN, Tellegen CL, Day JJ. The Triple P-Positive Parenting Program: a systematic review and meta-analysis of a multi-level system of parenting support. Clinical psychology review. 2014;34(4):337-57. Epub 2014/05/21. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpr.2014.04.003. PubMed PMID: 24842549. ##
23. Abbasi S, Fadakar Sogheh K, Mehdizadeh S. Effective Factors on Emotional Conditions of Families of Mentally Retarded Children Under Protection of Guilan Welfare Centers. Preventive Care In Nursing and Midwifery Journal. 2012;1(2):35-42. ##
24. Hemati Alamdarloo G, Hosseinkhanzadeh AA, Arjmandi MS, Teymoori Asfichi MM, Taher M. The Role of Mothers' Parenting Style on Prediction of Behavior Problems in Preschool Children with Intellectual Disability. Journal of Exceptional Education. 2014;3(125):7-16. ##
25. Shokohi Yekta M, Parand A. The effectiveness of instruction based on cognitive approach on family relationship. Family Research. 2008;4(1):5-16. ##
26. Pisterman S, Firestone P, McGrath P, Goodman JT, Webster I, Mallory R, et al. The role of parent training in treatment of preschoolers with ADDH. The American journal of orthopsychiatry. 1992;62(3):397-408. Epub 1992/07/01. doi: https://doi.org/10.1037/h0079356. PubMed PMID: 1497105. ##
27. saberi j, bachrame por m, ghmarane a, yar mochmadian a. The Effectiveness of Group Positive Parenting Program on Parental Stress of Mothers of Children with Autism Disorder. Knowledge & Research in Applied Psychology. 2014;15(56):69-77. ##
28. Darvish Damavandi Z, Khorsandpur T. The Efficacy of Training Parenting Methods to Parents of Children with Emotional-Behavioral Problems 6 To 8 Years. Scientific Journal Management System. 2015;4(16):68-81. ##
29. Jalali M, Pourahmadi E, Babapour J, Ashaeiri M. The Effects of the Triple P-positive Parenting Program on 7-10 Years Old Children with Externalized Behaviour Problems. Journal of Modern Psychological Researches. 2009;4(13):15-36. ##
30. Mahdinejad L, Goharpey S, Ghasem Zadeh R, Latifi SM, Bakhshande Bavarsad M, Mansouri N. A comparison of family functioning in families with member visually and hearing impairment with families without disorder. Modern Rehabilitation. 2016;9(6):42-50. ##