عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aims: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common disorders in children affecting three to seven percent of children. It is a neuro-developmental disorder with three major criteria: attention deficit, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness. Executive function deficits hamper academic achievement and create high risk behaviors. Children with ADHD have neuropsychological findings in the assessment of executive functions. The ain of the present study was to examin the effect of cognitive rehabilitation therapy on the performance (memory and problem solving) of children with ADHD.
Materials and Methods: The present study followed a quasi-experimental randomized clinical trial design (pretest-posttest with control group). A total of 30 children, aged 7 to 9, who were referred to the clinic at the Ministery of Education, Destrict 1, in Shiraz in 1397-98, were recruited and the diagnosis was made using CSI-4 diagnostic test. Next, they were homogenized using Raven's Intelligence Test and selected as targeted sampling. Then, they were randomly divided into experimental and control groups. The experimental group received cognitive rehabilitation trainings for 10 sessions (two sessions per week). Children were identical in terms of intelligence capability based on Raven's test. Statistical analyses were done using SPSS, version 23. Descriptive statistics and standard deviation were used for data analysis. Data were analyzed using a clinical trial with pretest and post-test design with control group. Assessment of active memory was done using 1Beck, 2Beke, and memory fragmentation tests, which are accurate tools for evaluation of memory disorders. Also, the Wisconsin Cards was used for evaluation of problem solving.
Results: The results showed that there is a significant difference between the performance scores of memory performance in pre-test and post-test in children with ADHD (P<0.001). There was also a significant difference between the performance scores in pre-test and post-test in problem solving skills (P<0.001).
Conclusion: It was found that cognitive rehabilitation is effective in improving memory performance and problem solving in male children with ADHD. Cognitive rehabilitation can help children with ADHD so that they can perform their functions (memory and problem solving) more efficiently and it can be used as a substitute for mental stimulus for children with ADHD.
10. Najmi, B.a.-D. Quality of the Psychological Nervous System of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Journal of Behavioral Sciences Research. 2006; 5(1).[In Persian]. ##
11. Najarzadegan Maryam, N.V., Amiri Nasrin, Sharifian Maryam . Effect of cognitive rehabilitation on executive function (working memory and attention) in children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Article 12, 2015; 4 (2) P:97-108. [In Persian]. ##
12. Firouzi Setareh, E.S.D.F., Comparison of executive functions based on test anxiety in the fifth grade elementary students,psychology Applied in Research & Knowledge.2011; 12(1) 76-85[In Persian]. ##
13. Rezvani Amir, M.H., Brain Facts The Book of the Alphabet of the Brain and the Nervous System .First Edition of Human Publishing. 2017; p: 86. [In Persian]. ##
14. Ahmadi A, A., Azizi, motie S., . The Effectiveness of Computer-Based Executive Function Training on Cognitive Characteristic and Math Achievement of Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. JPEN, 2017; 4 (1) p: 43-50. [In Persian]. ##
15. N.A.N.V., Effectiveness of Motor Based Cognitive Rehabilitation on Improvement of Sustained Attention and Cognitive Flexibility of Children with ADHD . Article 1 . 2018 ; 6(4 ). p: 1-12. [In Persian]. ##
16. Gray S, C.P., Martinussen R, Goldberg R, Gotlieb H, Kronitz R, Tannock R., "Effects of a computerized working memory training program on working memory , attention, and academics in adolescents with severe LD and comorbid ADHD: a randomized controlled trial". Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. 2012; 3(12) p: 1277-1284. ##
17. H., M., . Effects Of A Computerized Working Memory Training Program On Attention, Working Memory , And Academics , In Adolescents With Severe ADHD / LD . psychology journal. 2010; 1(14): 120 – 122. ##
18. Mohib Naeimeh, A.S., Atefeh. The Effectiveness of Short-Term Structural Game Therapy on the Symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Preschool Children. Quarterly Journal of Education and Evaluation. Summer . 2012; Year 6, p: 43-27. [In Persian]. ##
19. Nodehid Khadijeh, S.G.R., The relation between function and working memory capacity and Students' reading performance:executive . . . JCP. , 2016; 4 (3) p: 11-20. [In Persian]. ##
20. Naderi N, R.M., Yasami MT, Ashaieri H. , A study of information processing and some of neuropsychological functions patient with obsessive-compulsive disorder.Psychiatry Institute of Tehran. 1994. [In Persian]. ##
21. Bagheri Elham, F.E., .Inspiration, Application of Cognitive Rehabilitation for Types of Mental Disorders( Persian).Journal of Advanced Progress in Behavioral Sciences.2018;Volume 2(10) p: 22-11. [In Persian]. ##
22. Azami Saeed, M.A.R., The Effect of Cognitive Computer-Aided Rehabilitation and Psychosocial Mental Disorders on the Ability of Planning for Children with Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Journal of Clinical Psychology. 2012; Third Year, (N0, 10. ). [In Persian]. ##
23. Shirin., S., The Effect of Cognitive Rain Rehabilitation Program on the Executive Functions of Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Shahid Beheshti University, Faculty of Education and Psychology, Thesis. 2015. [In Persian] . ##
24. Mina., A., The Effectiveness of Intelligent Rehabilitation Program for Part Time Perception on Improving Highly Deceptive Decision Making and Impulsivity in Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Shahid Beheshti University, Faculty of Educational Sciences and Psychology. . Article 1. 2018; Volume 6. (Issue 4.) P: 1-12. [In Persian]. ##
25. Naghdi Marjan , N.V., . Effectiveness of Persian cognitive rehabilitation program in improving emotional recognition and social recognition of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. . Shahid Beheshti University, Faculty of Education and Psychology, Thesis. 2015. [In Persian]. ##
26. Soleimani M, M.S., Yaghubi H, Hazrati L. , The Effectiveness of Cognitive Training Program on Cognitive Skills and ADHD Symptoms in Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. MEJDS., 2014; 3 (3) p :39-49. [In Persian]. ##
27. A., B., Working memory : theories models , and controversies. Annual Review of Psychology. 2012; 6(3) : 1–29##
28. Najjarzadegan Maryam, N.V., Amiri Nasrin, Sharifian Maryam. A Study on Cognitive Rehabilitation of Working Memory in Reducing Impulsiveness and Highly Decisive Risk in Children with Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder.Shahid Beheshti University. Faculty of Educational Sciences and Psychology, ##
29. Vahid, R.n.Z.N., Effectiveness of PARS Cognitive Rehabilitation Program on the Improvement of Executive Function in Children with ADHD. Article 26. 2018; Volume 6 (4 ) P: 219-230. [In Persian]. ##
30. Klingberg T, F.E., Olesen P. J, Johnson M, Gustafsson P, Dahlström K .Westerberg H. , Computerized training of working memory in children with ADHD-a randomized, controlled trial. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 2005; 44(2) p: 177-186. ##
31. Kesler S. R, L.N.J.J.B., A pilot study of an online cognitive rehabilitation program for executive function skills in children with cancer-related brain injury, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University. 2011; 25(1) p:101-12 PMCID. ##
32. Bayrami M, N.M., Hashemi T,Movahedi Y.The Effectiveness of Neuropsychological Rehabilitation Treatment on the Performance of Problem Solving in Patients With Math Learning Disabilities. . . IJRN. 2017; p: 61-67. [In Persian]. ##