عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aim: Auditory temporal processing is the perception of sound or perception of sound changes within a short time interval and seems to be a major capability in the perception of speech and non-speech sounds, music, rhythm and periodicity. Auditory temporal processing is also considered as an essential ability in discrimination of pitch, duration of acoustic signals and phoneme. Several tests have been developed to assess auditory temporal processing; the most popular of these tests are Duration Pattern Sequence Test (DPST), Pitch Pattern Sequence Test (PPST), and Random Gap Detection Test (RGDT).
Materials and Methods: The current study was carried out on 100 monolingual individuals (people with Persian language) with normal hearing including 50 females and 50 males. DPST, PPST, and RGDT were performed for all cases.
Results: The means and standard deviations for DPST, PPST, and RGDT were %96.61 ± 4.51, %89.78 ± 7.72, and 8.07 ms ± 3.56, respectively. The results revealed no significant differences between the results of women and men in any of the tests (P>0.05). The statistical results showed no significant differences between right and left ears scores in monaural tests (P>0.05).
Conclusion: According to the statistical analysis, it seems that normative data obtained in the present study could be used as a diagnostic tool for determination of auditory cortical lesions in adults.
10. Moore BC. Temporal Processing in the Auditory System. An introduction to the psychology of hearing. 6ed .Emerald; 2012.p.169-202. ##
11. Musiek FE, Shinn JB, Jirsa R, Bamiou D-E, Baran JA, Zaida E. GIN (Gaps-In-Noise) test performance in subjects with confirmed central auditory nervous system involvement. Ear and hearing. 2005;26(6):608-18. ##
12. Pinheiro M. Tests of central auditory function in children with learning disabilities. Central auditory dysfunction.In: Keith R, editor.Central auditory dysfunction. New York: Grune & Stratton; 1977.p.223-256. ##
13. Musiek FE. Frequency (pitch) and duration pattern tests. Journal American Academy of Audiology. 1994;5:265-268##
15. Banerjee A, Cacace DJ. Controversies in central auditory processing disorder. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology. 2010.124(2):235-267. ##
17. Schlauch R, Nelson P. Puretone evaluation. In: Katz J, editor. Handbook of clinical audiology. 6th ed. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2009. p. 30-49. ##
18. McArdle R, Hnath-Chisolm T. Speech audiometry. In: Katz J, Marshall Chasin KE, Linda J. Hood KLT. Handbook of Clinical Audiology.7th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2015.p.61-76. ##
19. Hunter LL, Sanford CA. Tympanometry and wideband acoustic immittance. In: Katz J, Marshall Chasin KE, Linda J. Hood KLT. Handbook of Clinical Audiology.7th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2015.p.137-164. ##
20. Feeney MP, Schairer KS. Acoustic Stapedius Reflex Measurements. . In: Katz J, Marshall Chasin KE, Linda J. Hood KLT. Handbook of Clinical Audiology.7th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2015.p.165-186. ##
22. Mukari SZ, Keith RW, Tharpe AM, Johnson CD. Development and standardization of single and double dichotic digit tests in the Malay language:International Journal of Audiology. 2006;45(6):344-52. ##
23. Neijenhuis KA, Stollman MH, Snik AF, Van den Broek P.Development of a Central Auditory Test Battery for Adults:International Journal of Audiology. 2001;40(2):69-77. ##
24. Fuente A, McPherson B. Auditory processing tests for Spanish-speaking adults: An initial study:International journal of audiology. 2006;45(11):645-59. ##
25. Pinheiro, M. L. & Musiek, F. E. (1985). sequencing and temporal ordering in the auditory system. In M. L. Pinheiro & F. E. Musiek (Eds.), Assessment of Central Auditory Dysfunction: Foundation and Clinical Correlates (pp. 219-238). Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins. ##
26. Musiek, F. E., Pinheiro, M. L., & Wilson, D. H. (1980). Auditory pattern perception in'split brain'patients. Archives of otolaryngology, 106(10), 610-612. ##
27. Navaei Lavasani A, Mohamadkhani G, Motamedi M, Jalilvand Karimi L, Jalaei S, Shojaei FS, Danesh A & Azimi H. ( 2016). Auditory Temporal Processing in Patients with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. Epilepsy & Behavior, 60,81-85. ##
28. Zaidan E, Garcia AP, Tedesco MLF, Baran JA. Performance of normal young adultsin two temporal resolution tests. Pro-Fono Scientific Update Magazine. 2008;20(1):19-24. ##