عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aims: Minor biomechanical changes within the reliance surface of feet could affect postural control strategy, which can be more and exacerbated under fatigue. Therefore, the aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of functional fatigue protocol on postural control in students with different foot arch.
Materials and Methods: Statistical population of the current semi-experimental and cross-sectional study was 720 male students aged 10 to 13 years in the 6th district of Isfahan. A total of 60 students were selected as sample and were divided into 4 homogeneous groups of 15: natural foot, flexible flat foot, rigid flat foot, and cavus foot. Functional fatigue and standing with two feet for 20 seconds on a foot pressure was used for inducing fatigue and evaluating postural control, respectively. Independent T-test, analysis of variance, and tukey post hoc test were used at the 0.05 significance level.
Results: Fatigue resulted in significant decrease in all factors measured in all four groups (p≤ 0/05), but this decrease was significantly different among the four groups (p≤ 0/05). Also, prior to and after fatigue, there was a significant difference among the four groups in the measured factors (p≤ 0/05).
Conclusion: Anatomical structure of the foot is effective in participants’ postural control. During fatigue, the balance in participants with abnormality in foot, especially in rigid flat foot, is further impaired. Therefore, due to a significant reduction in balance in individuals with different foot arches, it is suggested that corrective exercises of the foot arches and balance exercises in specific directions, in addition to the usual exercises, be considered in clinical and practice specific situations.
10. Ghasemi, GH. Nadi, M. (2013). Physical Performance Evaluation test. Isfahan, Publishing, First Printing, 135-137. [In Persian]. ##
11. Onodera, A. N. Sacco, I. C. N. Morioka, E. H. Souza, P. S. de Sá, M. R. & Amadio, A. C. (2008). What is the best method for child longitudinal plantar arch assessment and when does arch maturation occur? The Foot, 18(3), 142-149. ##
12. Sarshin, A. (2011). The effect of functional fatigue on dynamic postural control. Jurnal of Biology of exercise. Vol. 7.2, 25-35. ##
13. Ackland, T. R. Elliott, B. & Bloomfield, J. (2009). Applied anatomy and biomechanics in sport: Human Kinetics. ##
14. Abdoli, B. Teymuri, M. Zamani, S. Zeraatkar, M. Hovanloo, F. (2011). Relationship between longitudinal arch of the foot and some selected motor factors in students aged 11 to 14 years. Journal of Rehabilitation Sciences. Volume 7 No. 3 65-73. [Persian]. ##
15. GHaderian, M. GHasemi, GH. (2016). Effect of rope exercises postural comtrol, static and dynamic balance of male students with cavus foot. Journal of Medical Sciences in Qom University, 10, 58-68. [In Persian]. ##
16. Ebrahim, M. M. (2011). Dynamic postural balance in subject with and without flat foot. Bull. Fac. Ph. Th. Cairo Univ. Vol. 16, No. (1), 12-7. ##
17. Hedayati, R. (2016). The need for attention in balance control of young people with flat feet. Koomesh, Vol. 18 No. 1, 25-34. [In Persian]. ##
18. Cote K, Brunet M, Bruce M. (2005). Effects of pronated and supinated foot posture on ststic and dynamic posture stability. Journal of Athletic Training. 40(1): 41-46. ##
19. Yalfani A, Amini Semiromi E, Raeisi Z. (2015). The Effect of Musculoskeletal Abnormalities of Pes Planus, Pes Cavus and Hallux Valgus on Postural Sways during Quiet Stance, Journal of Sport Medicine, 7(1): 143-162. [In Persian]. ##
20. Martin, R. L. & McPoil, T. G. (2005). Reliability of ankle goniometric measurements: a literature review. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, 95(6), 564-572. ##
21. Sahrmann, S. (2002). "Diagnosis and treatment of movement impairment syndromes". Elsevier Health Sciences Publication, chapter1, P: 1-3. ##
22. Hwang W, Jang J, Huh M (2016). The effect of hip abductor fatigue on static balance and gait parameters. Phys Ther Rehabil Sci;5:34-9. ##
23. Corbeil, P. Blouin, J. Begin, F. Nougier, V. Teasdale, N. (2003). Perturbation of the postural control system induced by muscular fatigue. Gait & Posture. 18: 92–100. ##
24. Stephen, J.M. Jeffrey, A. (2011). Lower extremity fatigue increases complexity of postural control during a singlelegged stance. J of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation. 8: 43. ##
25. Vuillerme, N. Burdet, C. Isableu, B. Demetz, S. (2006). The magnitude of the effect of calf muscles fatigue on postural control during bipedal quiet standing with vision depends on the eye-visual target distance. Gait & Posture. 24: 166–72. ##
26. Greig, M. Walker, J.C (2007). The influence of soccer-specific fatigue on functional stability. Journal Physical Therapy in Sport. 8: 185–90. ##
27. Headlee, D. L. (2008). Fatigue of the plantar intrinsic foot muscles increases navicular drop. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology 18, 420–425. ##
28. Shin Y, Youm C, Son M. (2013). Effects of Foot Type and Ankle Joint Fatigue Levels on the Trajectories of COP and COM during a Single-Leg Stance. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics. Vol. 23, No. 4, 335-345. ##
29. Hossein, F. Ilbeigi, S. Anbarian, M. The Effects of Fatigue on Rear Foot Angle in Normal and Pronate Individuals. 2016. Journal of Paramedicine and Rehabilitation Sciences of Mashhad.2016;8(3):83-92. [In Persian]. ##