عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aims: The present study aimed to investigate the effect of kinesio taping with neuromuscular exercises on the balance, performance, and pain intensity of volleyball players with chronic ankle instability.
Materials and Methods: The research population included all female volleyball players within the age range of 18 to 28 years old in Tehran. Totally, 30 participants with chronic ankle instability were selected using convenience sampling based on research criteria and were randomly divided into two groups of 15 (experimental and control groups). Next, as the pretest, participants’ data on static and dynamic balance, three single leg jumps performance, excursion balance, lateral jump performance, and pain intensity was evaluated using relevant standard questionnaire and tests. The experimental group received eight weeks of kinesio taping with selective neuromuscular exercises, while the control group did not receive any specific exercise. At the end of intervention period, post-tests were administered and the data were analyzed using statistical tests, including Shapiro-Wilk Test and the analysis of MANCOVA in SPSS, version 21, at the significance level of α=0.05.
Results: The results of the present study showed that eight weeks of kinesio taping with neuromuscular exercises have positively significant effects on the variables including lateral jump performance, three single leg jumps performance, pain intensity, and the static and dynamic balance of volleyball players with chronic ankle instability (P=0.001).
Conclusion: It is recommended that athletes with the same disorder, and especially volleyball players with chronic ankle instability, use kinesio taping with neuromuscular exercises in the training period during exercises, in championships and in their health and rehabilitation protocols.
10. Gross MT, Clemence LM, Cox BD, McMillan HP, Meadows AF, Piland CS, Powers WS. Effect of ankle orthoses on functional performance for individuals with recurrent lateral ankle sprains. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. 1997;25(4):245-52. .##
11. Delahunt E, McGrath A, Doran N, Coughlan GF. Effect of taping on actual and perceived dynamic postural stability in persons with chronic ankle instability. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010; 91(9): 1383-9. .##
12. Hettle D, Linton L, Baker J, Donoghue O. The effect of Kinesio Taping on functional performance in chronic ankle instability-preliminary study. Clin Res Foot Ankle. 2013; 1(1): 1-5. .##
13. Simon J, Garcia W, Docherty CL. The effect of Kinesio Tape on force sense in people with functional ankle instability. Clin J Sport Med. 2014; 24(4): 289-94. .##
14. Hajimirrahimi L, Nasiri N, Amiri A. Effects of three types of Kinesio Taping on the performance of male athelets with chronic ankle instability. J Mod Rehabil. 2014; 8(1):62-71. .##
15. Amorim T, Sousa F, Machado L, Santos JA. Effects of Pilates Training On Muscular Strength And Balance In Ballet Dancers. Portuguese Journal of Sport Sciences. 2011;11(2):27-47. .##
16. Zahabi, E, Mohammad Jani M, Nagender A, Seyyed Hashemi Javaheri F,. The Effect and Persistence of a Neuromuscular Training Course on Balance Symmetry in Athletes with Chronic Ankle Sprain. Journal of Safety Promotion and Injury Prevention.2015; 5 (3), 67-78. .##
17. Samadi, Rajabi, Alizadeh et al. The effect of six weeks of neuromuscular training on dynamic postural control and lower extremity function in male athletes with functional ankle instability. Studies in Sports Medicine,2013; 5 (14): 73-90. .##
18. Kase K, Wallis J, Kase T. Clinical Therapeutic Applications of the Kinesio Taping® Method 2nd Edt Albuquerque, NM, Kinesio Taping Association; 2006: 12(5): 203-205. .##
19. Accardo P. The effect of an exercise and balance training intervention program on balance and mobility in community-dwelling older adults. Master's .(Thesis) Kinesiology). Brock University.2017. .##
20. Hale SA, Fergus A, Axmacher R, Kiser K. Bilateral improvements in lower extremity function after unilateral balance training in individuals with chronic ankle instability. Journal of athletic training. 2015;49(2):181.##
21. Cug M. Effects of swiss ball training on knee joint reposition sense, core strength and dynamic balance in sedentary collegiate students (Doctoral dissertation, Doctoral dissertation. Middle East Technical University).2012. .##
22. David J, Joan R, Arnold H. skeletal muscle from molecules to movement, Human Kinetic, 2004 ;7(2): 87-93. .##
23. Mosavi SE, Hashemi A, Khoshraftar N. the effect of two type (kensio, Rigid) on stability and performance of elite male volleyball players with chronic ankle sprain.master degree thesis,University of Ferdosi Mashhad. 2014; 12(1):53-57.##
24. Wright CJ, Arnold BL, Ross SE et al. Clinical examination results in individuals with functional ankle instability and ankle-sprain copers. J Athletic Training 2013; 48(5):581-589. .##
25. Karakaya MG, Rutbİl H, Akpinar E, Yildirim A, Karakaya İÇ. Effect of ankle proprioceptive training on static body balance. Journal of physical therapy science. 2015;27(10):3299. .##
26. Ashouri H, Raisi Z, Khodabakhshi M. The Impact of 6 Weeks of Deep Sense Exercise on Dynamic Balance and Lower extremity Functioning in Chronic Ankle Sprain Basketball Players. Research in Sport Rehabilitation.2007; 4 (7): 55-63. .##
27. Khani A, Nouresteh G, Khani A. Influence of 8 weeks of Swiss ball stability training on balance of 12-15 year old footballers. Two Quarterly Journal of Applied Biological Sciences in Sport. 2014; 2 (3): 47-59. .##
28. Alizade MH, Reisi J, Shirzad E, Bagheri L. The effect of afferent information on balance in standing position of athletes and non-athletes. Sport Movement Science. 2007;7(13):21-30. .##
29. Yelfani A, Ahmadnejad L, Borojeni B. The Immediate Effect of Balance Exercise on the Deep Sense of Ankle Joint of Football Players. Journal of Mashhad Paramedical and Rehabilitation Sciences, 2017;6 (3), 36-43. .##
30. Botsis, A. E., Schwarz, N. A., Harper, M. E., Liu, W., Rooney, C. A., Gurchiek, L. R., & Kovaleski, J. E. Effect of Kinesio® Taping on Ankle Complex Motion and Stiffness and Jump Landing Time to Stabilization in Female Ballet Dancers. Journal of Functional Morphology and Kinesiology.2019;4(2):1-19. .##
31. Brown CN, Mynark R. Balance deficits in recreational athletes with chronic ankle instability. Journal of athletic training. 2007;42(3):355-367.##