عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and aim: Critical Thinking is the ability of problem solving and decision making. It is the goal of learning and necessary for clinical reasoning. Rehabilitation has an important role in health care process. Rehabilitation specialists’ critical thinking skills directly influence the services they provide. The present study aimed to assess occupational therapy BSc students’ critical thinking skills in different years.
Methods and Materials: In the present descriptive-analytic study, 72 occupational therapy students were selected from Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Scineces based on Census and filled in the demographic sheet and California Critical Thinking Skills Test-B.
Results: The mean score for students’ critical thinking was 11/60±3/15 in the first academic year, 12/56±3/73 in the second year, 13/56± 4/35 in the third year, and 11/68± 4/41 in the fourth year. However, there was no significant difference in the total Critical Thinking and skills scores among students of different academic years.
Conclusion: Despite the importance of Critical Thinking, it seems that it is not well-developed during their studies at Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran. Two important factors might be the potential insufficiency of educational system and the occupational therapy curriculum. Thus, revising teaching methods and the occupation therapy curriculum seems necessary and beneficial.
10. Maghsoudi J, Etemadifar S, Haghani F. Improving critical thinking of students: A great challenge in clinical nursing education. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2011;10(5):1110-20.##
11. Kermansaravi F, Navidian A, Kaykhaei A. Critical Thinking Dispositions Among Junior, Senior and Graduate Nursing Students in Iran. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2013;9-83##
12. Monaghi HK, Rad M, Bakhshi M. Do the New Methods of Teaching in Medical Education have Adequate Efficacy?: A Systematic Review. Journal of Strides Development Medical Education.2013;10(2):80-271.##
13. Akhoundzadeh K, Ahmari Tehran H, Salehi S, Abedini Z. Critical thinking in nursing education in Iran. Iranian Journal of Medical Education.2011;11(3):21-210##
14. Dezhgaahee S. Critical thinking challenging independence as an educational objective.2008;4(1,2):-63-80##
15. Paul SA. Assessment of critical thinking: A Delphi study. Nurse education today2014.##
16. Das Nair R, Lincoln NB, Ftizsimmons D, Brain N, Montgomery A, Bradshaw L, et al. Rehabilitation of Memory following Brain Injury (ReMemBrIn): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials.2015;16(1):6.##
17. Dragicevic-Cvjetkovic D, Jandric S, Bijeljac S, Palija S, Manojlovic S, Talic G. The Effects of Rehabilitation Protocol on Functional Recovery After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Medical Archives. 2014;68(5):350.##
18. Baggi F, Santoro L, Grosso E, Zanetti C, Bonacossa E, Sandrin F, et al. Motor and functional recovery after neck dissection: comparison of two early physical rehabilitation programmes. Acta Otorhinolaryngologica Italica. 2014;34(4):230.##
19. Vogel KA, Geelhoed M, Grice KO, Murphy D. Do occupational therapy and physical therapy curricula teach critical thinking skills? Journal of allied health.2009;38(3):7-152.##
20. 20. sabouri kashani a, Faal Ostadzar N, karimi moonaghi h, gharib m. Critical Thinking Dispositions among Medical Students in Two stages: Basic Medical Sciences and Pre-Internship. Iranian Journal of Medical Education.2013;12(10):85-778. ##
21. Facione PA. Using the California Critical Thinking Skills Test in Research, Evaluation, and Assessment. 1991.##
22. 22. Huang Y-C, Chen H-H, Yeh M-L, Chung Y-C. Case studies combined with or without concept maps improve critical thinking in hospital-based nurses: A randomized-controlled trial. International journal of nursing studies. 2012;49(6): -747-754##
23. Facione PA. The California Critical Thinking Skills Test--College Level. Technical Report# 1. Experimental Validation and Content Validity.1990.##
24. Facione NC, Facione PA. The" California Critical Thinking Skills Test" and the National League for Nursing Accreditation Requirement in Critical Thinking. 1994.##
25. Khalili H, Hosein Zadeh M. Investigation of reliability, validity and normality Persian version of the California Critical Thinking Skills Test; Form B (CCTST). journal of Medical education2003 ; 3(1): 29-32##
26. 2Khodamoradi K, Seyedzakeri M, Shahabi M, Yaghmaee F, Alavi H. Comparison of critical thinking skills of freshmen and senior undergraduateselected courses from Universities of Medical Sciences in Tehran [thesis]. Tehran, Iran: Shahid Beheshti medical Sciences University; 1385.##
27. Hajibabaee H. The national curriculum or islamic republic of Iran. 1391:46.##
28. Gharib M, Rabieian M, Salsali M, Hadjizadeh E, Sabouri Kashani A, Khalkhali H. Critical Thinking Skills and Critical Thinking Dispositions in Freshmen and Senior Students of Health Care Management. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2009;9(2):35-125. -1608-9359 ##
29. Asqari M, Maleki S. etebar yabi, rava sazi, va hanjaryabi azmoon maharathaye tafakore enteqadi california baraye daneshjooyan. Educational Measurement. 2010: -69-147. [In persian]##
30. nejad AM. Entebaq va hanjaryabiye Azmoon maharat haye tafakore enteqadiye california. Cognitive Science News. 2007:35-73:63##
31. Luria AR. The working brain: An introduction to neuropsychology: Basic Books; 1976.##
32. Abadi RYS, Nozari AY, Qasemi A. Barresiye tafakore enteqadi aazaye heiat elmiye daneshgah olum pezeshki mazandaran dar sale tahsili 1386-1387. fasl nameye tahqiqate modiriyate amoozeshi 2008. [in persian].##
33. Sandra Truesdell M, Linda Ziolkowski B. Strategy to assess, develop, and evaluate critical thinking. The journal of continuing education in nursing. 2000;31(4):155##
34. Ikiugu MN, Rosso HM. Facilitating professional identity in occupational therapy students. Occupational Therapy International. 2003;10(3) 25-206.##