عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aim: The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effect of core muscles’ fatigue on landing mechanic and lower extremity function.
Materials and Methods: In the present semi-experimental study, 18 female students were randomly selected from among the students at Razi University. First, pretests were administered. Y-test was used to measure dynamic balance, square & lateral hop tests was used to measure lower extremity function, and weight bearing dorsiflexion ROM and Landing Error Scoring System-Real Time as well as Kinova and AutoCAD Software were used to assess landing mechanic. After the pretest, we perfromed core muscles fatigue protocol and then the posttest was conducted. For data analysis, K-S and Levine’s test and paired sample t-test were run. The statistical significance was set at 0.05.
Results: The results showed that after core muscles fatigue, among studied factors, landing error scores (P=0.001), weight bearing dorsiflexion ROM (P=0.002), dynamic balance (P=0.02), and knee flexion angle (P=0.03) decreased in contact time.
Discussion: According to the results, it can be stated that the core muscles fatigue that accrues in sports competitions could result in the prevalence of lower extremity injuries. So, core strengthening protocol can be effective in preventing injuries in the lower extremity.
10. Plisky PJ, Gorman PP, Butler RJ, Kiesel KB, Underwood FB, Elkins B. The reliability of an instrumented device for measuring components of the star excursion balance test. N Am J Sports Phys Ther. 2009; 4(2): 92-9. ##
11. Padua DA, Boling MC, DiStefano LJ, Onate JA, Beutler, AI, and Marshall SW. Reliability of the Landing Error Scoring System-Real Time, Journal of Sport Rehabilitation. 2011; 20: 145-156. ##
12. Prieske O, Muehlbauer T, Krueger T, Kibele A, Behm D, Granacher U. Sex-Specific Effects of Surface Instability on Drop Jump and Landing Biomechanics. Int J Sports Med. 2014; 10(4):27-34. ##
13. Konor MM, Morton S, Eckerson JM, Grindstaff TL. Reliability of three measures of ankle dorsiflexion range of motion. The International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy. 2012; 7(3):279-87. ##
14. Lees A. Methods of impact absorption when landing from a jump. Eng Med. 1981; 10(4):207-11. ##
15. Cumps A E, Verhagen E, Verschueren J, Meeusen R. A systematic review of different jump landing variable in relation to injuries. J Sports Med phys fitness. 2013; 53: 509-19. ##
16. Bell DR, Smith MD., Pennuto AP., Stiffler MR., Olson ME. Jump-Landing Mechanics after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A Landing Error Scoring System Study. Journal of Athletic Training. 2014; 49(3):32–45. ##
17. Gribble PA, Robinson RH, Hertel J, Denegar CR. The effects of gender and fatigue on dynamic postural control. J Sport Rehabil. 2009; 18(2): 240-257. ##
18. McMullen KL, Coby NL, Hertel J, Ingersoll CD, Hart JM. Lower extremity neuromuscular control immediately after fatiguing hip-abduction exercise. Journal of athletic training. 2011; 46(6):607-14. ##
19. Filipa A, Byrnes R, Paterno MV, Myer GD, Hewett TE. Neuromuscular training improves performance on the Star Excursion Balance Test in young female athletes. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2010; 40(9): 551-8. ##
20. Gribble PA, Hertel J, Plisky P. Using the star excursion balance test to assess dynamic postural-control deficits and outcomes in lower extremity injury: a literature and systematic review. Journal of athletic training. 2012; 47(3):339-57. ##
21. Hoch MC, Staton GS, McKeon JMM, Mattacola CG, McKeon PO. Dorsiflexion and dynamic postural control deficits are present in those with chronic ankle instability. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. 2012; 15:574–579. ##
22. Dastmanesh S Shujaedin S. The Effect of core stabilization training on postural control in subjects with chronic ankle instability. Journal of Jahrom University of Medical Science. 2011; 9: 14-22. [In Persian]. ##
23. Kalantariyan M MH, Rajabi R, Beyranvand R, Zahiri A. The comparison of the electromyography activity of selected muscles of the ankle joint in athletes with ankle dorsiflexion range of motion limitation with healthy athletes during the single-leg jump landing. J Rehab Med. 2013; 2 (2):14-23. [In Persian]. ##
24. Withrow TJ, Huston LJ, Wojtys E M and Ashton-Miller J. The Relationship between Quadriceps Muscle Force, Knee Flexion, and Anterior Cruciate Ligament Strain in an In Vitro Simulated Jump Landing. Am J Sports Med. 2005; 34 (2): 269-274. ##
25. Bahr R, Engebretsen L. “Sports Injury Prevention” . A John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., Publication 2011;p.78-112. ##